- Through the combination of online training, classroom sessions, pool training and practice teaching, candidates have the opportunity to learn and apply the many aspects of swim instruction.
- Candidates learn the foundation of instructional skills including different teaching methods, learning styles, physical principles, progressions, communication, safety supervision, and feedback.
- Candidates further develop their instructional ability by focusing on how to apply the information learned in the initial stages of the course to effectively plan, teach, and evaluate the Red Cross Swim programs.
- Candidates are evaluated during hands on practice teaching and through individual written assignments.
- Upon successful completion of the course, candidates are certified as WSI with High 5 Certification.